The Summit Base program is located at the
Read Scout Reservation in Brant Lake, New York. This 1,200 acre
Boy Scout camp is located in the southern Adirondack State Park, about 30
miles north of Lake George Village in northern New York State.
Curtis S. Read Scout Reservation
1377 Palisades Rd
Brant Lake, NY 12815-2314
(518) 494-7099 (FAX)
Complete Contact information
Travel Directions to Summit Base
General Base Information
Current Weather Conditions and Forecasts
|By Tom Chlupsa|
|Read Scout Reservation from Mt. Stevens. Looking WSW, Buckskin Lake
is in the foreground, Summit Base is further up (left) the valley. Brant Lake is in the distance.|
At the Reservation, Summit Base offers the High Adventure Activities and
the base camp for outside adventures. Camp
Buckskin has a traditional dining hall camp environment while Camp
Waubeeka provides patrol cooking. Both camps provide a full scout
camp program including waterfronts, rifle ranges, ecology areas and more.
|By Tom Chlupsa|
|Indoor Climbing Wall|
Summit Base High Adventure Facilities
- 40 foot rock face on nearby Little Stevens mountain for climbing and rappelling
- Indoor climbing with 25 foot vertical, slab and overhanging walls
- High COPE course
- 10 low COPE elements
- Zip line landing into Lester Pond
- Extensive gear for treks and activities in camp.
We are able to outfit a number of units with all necessary equipment for
backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing, snowshoeing and ice climbing.
- Over one thousand acres of Adirondack wilderness
surrounded by six mountains with summits over 1600 feet.
Adirondack Park Opportunities
The Adirondack State Park, encompassing six million acres of northern
New York State provides numerous opportunities for the Summit Base program
- Hiking treks in the High Peaks or the numerous Wilderness Areas
including the neighboring Pharaoh Wilderness area.
- Canoeing treks through the historic rivers and lakes of the Park
- Rock climbing sites throughout the Park, including noted sites in Keene
- Caving in the largest wild cave in the Adirondacks
- Kayaking on Lake Champlain